thanks a lot for replying ivanisavich,
1) ok, i got it... then my problem is in the composing program... ill take a look to find what im doing wrong there!
2) Well, you make me realize im confused about render elements and "extra channels". How do you call a "material ID" render pass? This is the kind of thing im getting without AA. Maybe just like the zDepth it must be without it.
3) cool, thanks
4) great, i really had no idea about the meaning of beauty pass.
5) mm, im confused about that... i was looking at vray render elements examples few minutes ago.
http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R1/e ... ements.htm
and what I think is raw images does not include the diffuse color information on it. Look at the "raw GI only" example and compare it to the "GI only" example. It seems like the diffuse data is the only difference. Maybe those passes are meant to be used in combination with the diffuse one to get individual control from each other.
now take a look at the:
"Raw lighting * diffuse (multiplied); the result is the same as the Direct Lighting only channel" (the last one from the first column)
the same thing happens between the raw lighting and the lighting passes.
Maybe im talking about carrots and apples but maybe im not fully wrong.
6) i was asking about how should i blend each pass.
which render elmente uses which blend mode to get the full RGB render but in passes. Im sorry about my english, i know it sucks!
7) which is your favorite way to go from max to after with passes? RLA, EXR, separated files?
8 ) vray raw image file (.vrimg)
is that file format usefull in any way? does any vray user use it?
9) i think im going wrong using the alpha channel from the file format it self. I mean, maybe my problem is to use zDepth pass in combination of transparents png files. What do you prefer? alpha channel from the file format or separeted alpha element?
10) how can I animate a zDepth to get a change in focus during an animation? do I have to animate something at max? or at composing time in after?