Hey everyone! The folks over at Funhouse Interactive - http://funhouseinteractive.biz/
- has just bought out a super awesome Plug-in for Maya that helps us animators a great deal! The tradigiTOOLS plug-in for Maya has been created to aid the modern animator in utilizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the traditional workflow without sacrificing the creative and groundbreaking spirit that the new digital tools have brought to the table.
The features on this beast are;
* Click to set key and breakdowns quickly and see them differentiated by color-code on the timeline.
* Use the Favor buttons to modify the motion between previously set poses, then tweak the favor settings with a slider for precision or skip both and get mathematical with numerical input.
* Switch between overwrite mode and fix what’s on the current frame or use the ripple mode to shift every pose that follows further down the timeline.
* Select the entire character or just specific attributes when creating keys and breakdowns.
* Change the number of frames between single or multiple keys and breakdowns with a button or numerically entering the change.
* Eliminate manually counting in a complex timeline by automatically displaying each key or breakdown’s length.
* Hit a button to switch between Maya’s Perspective camera and a shot camera you specify.
* Save variations on the scene, automatically numbered, at any time right from the plug-in.
* Switch interpolation of tangent types without opening the graph editor, or the default type without opening your overall settings.
* Swiftly snap one object to another.
* Clean up tools to remove redundant keys and fix overshot tangents.
* Enhanced PlayBlast with identifying marks for more accurate review process.
There are some awesome Video Demonstrations on their site - http://funhouseinteractive.biz/
I highly recommend that you folks check this out! Awesome-ness!!! Woooo!!