Here is my quickee:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE_UX1pn670
At first, script didn't worked.
Acctualy, when I run the script just nothing happened. I swich betwen max 9 to max 2009, and again nothing happened (no errors either), finaly I realise that must be something with resolution (I run my windows at 1024x768), so I increased resolution to 1280x1024, and then when I run the script, everything was Ok, when I swiched back to 1024x768, everything was Ok.
I know you will fix lot's of things, but anyway, here is some of my suggestions:
- add the minimise button, so we don't start the script over and over again
- add the randomize button for fast building creation
- add a preview button that is interactive (as we change the settings) so we can acctualy see what each option means before creating building
- It would be good if we can stop creation of the building by pressing escape button (when we run the simulation)
- Some material setups as you already mentioned
- it would be great if we could just pick up some plane (with noise modifier for example), amd the script to start randomly scatter the buildings on the plane, or to scater them on vertexs, or based on vertex color (or 3 option that we will choose scatering
This is deserving to be fully commercial product, just add some changes.
You could also think of making the same stuff, but with sci-fi buildings.